Thursday 4 June 2015

REVIEW: Flirt


I always thought Flirt was a transvestite bar. Not that there's anything wrong with being one - I actually have two cross-dressing friends who are absolutely lovely - but I thought I'd look a little out of place if I went to a bar full of them. Nevertheless, a group of friends lead me to Flirt, located in Bournemouth's Triangle, and it has already become one of the few places in Bournemouth that I'd recommend.

The atmosphere is very laid back and relaxed. The décor reflects this, having some comfortable sofas placed to our right as we entered, as well as some more seating areas within the café. The customer service was also excellent, with two smiling employees who were very welcoming (as well as attractive!)

Now, I don't know about you, but I'm always intimidated when faced with the vast array of options to choose from in a bar/restaurant/café, especially when I've never been there before. The young girl thus recommended me the most expensive drink - as they are trained to do - Bubble Tea.

I've been infatuated with the thought of Bubble Tea since watching Chonny's Vlogs on Youtube. Firstly, it's super kawaii. Secondly, is there a need for any other reason? It's Bubble Tea. If you have no idea of what I'm talking about, you're missing out (says the girl who's tried it once). Pearl Milk Tea, more commonly known as Bubble Tea, is a drink which was invented in the 1980s in Taichung in East Asia. It can be either tea, fruit, or milk based and is mixed with tapioca balls (which resemble 'bubbles').



I chose mango juice with strawberry bubbles. Admittedly, I was slightly shocked when the first bubble popped into my mouth. Do I bite it? Do I suck on it? Do I spit it back into my drink? (Gross, I know, sorry). I think the best way to handle the situation, it it can be called that, is to just brace yourself and bite into it. There's a sudden explosion of strawberry/mango/whatever-you-have-chosen juice into your mouth and you'll make an appropriate exclamation to go with it "Oh my gosh!", "What just happened?!", "You have to try this!" "Cameron isn't a true Villa fan he's doing it to get the public to like him!"... Sorry, but you get the picture; you're very excited and you'll either be gathering all the bubbles up to do it again or forcing your friends to try it too.

Overall, I greatly enjoyed my experience at Flirt, as well as my first Bubble Tea. I'd highly recommend it to anyone, whether it be for a group outing like I did or to snuggle up to your cute date (to/,) just go to Flirt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment