Sunday 4 October 2015

Manchester Open Day



Eek - my second uni visit finally done! It was a long trek from Bournemouth up to Manchester (roughly seven hours each way with only a couple half our breaks to stretch our legs and get a Costa) but it was worth it.

Friday afternoon, Grace* and I drove up to Manchester and had to spend the night at The Chancellor's. We were fortunate as this was only a few miles away from the University, and the next morning we caught a Magic Bus into the centre, which to our delight only cost us £1.

In total, I went to three talks. I guess I ought to have gone to more since I travelled all the way up there, but I just didn't have enough time! The language building named Samuel Alexandre (pictured above) was very grand and I really liked its interior. Despite dating back to 1919, the building had a very fresh atmosphere and the lecture theatres which I went to were ones which I could easily imagine myself studying in...

One talk that really intrigued me was the IPML presentation (Integrated Professional Masters in Languages). If anyone reading this blog has studied it or has heard about it, please comment below as I'd love to hear first-hand experience of it!

For lunch, Grace* and I went to the Univesity Place for lunch. I think its official name was University Place... Everyone around us called it the 'tin can' - I won't state the obvious and explain why. Anyway, we had beefburger and chips and the portion was absolutely massive and for £4.50 it was definitely worth it! I wish I had taken a photo but I was so hungry that I scoffed it all before I could whip out my camera..ooops.

I think this sums up my blog post! Apologies for not posting a lot recently - I've been overwhelmed with coursework of late and settling into Year 13.





All names in this blog are fake in order to ensure the privacy of my friends and conceal their identities. However, the characters are all real people and the events actually happened

image link: x

0 comments:

Post a Comment