Wednesday 12 August 2015

Andorra La Vella





Personally, I find that the views in Andorra are breathtaking. When driving to the capital, you get to go through many tunnels within the mountain and come up in a valley with the mountains towering either side of you. I've always dreamt of skiing there, however the closest place I've been skiing was Les Angles, which is more towards the French boarder.





I did intend to take some photos of the views, but as we left early in the morning to drive to Andorra, I fell asleep in the car journey. Oops, sorry about that.
As you can tell, we chose a beautiful day to travel. If I recall correctly, the temperature rose to about 33 degrees Celsius, which enabled us to walk around town without it being unbearably hot. We found one of Dali's sculptures in the town centre (pictures below) which was a pleasant surprise as he's my favourite artist. I wrote about a restaurant he used to visit here, if you are as big as fanatic about him as I am. I've often visited his museum, as well as his house and Gala's palace, if you'd like me to recollect and assort a post for you about there, please leave a comment below.




For lunch, we went to a Michelin star restaurant which received dazzling reviews on TripAdvisor. Its name was Bodega Poblet and was quite hard to locate as its outward appearance is very closed off. The restaurant gives off a very rustic feel, with home-like decor and about a dozen tables, which only added to its allure.





The service is what I loved most about Bodega Poblet Our waitress, as we discovered, originated from Lisbon, Portugal, and had a very charismatic persona. I informed her that I came to practise my Spanish, and she kindly helped me translate the Spanish Menu into English for my parents, even though she could have easily done so herself as her English was flawless. (On a side note, English spoken with a Portuguese accent is so charming). At the end of our meal, she made a special point of thanking us for choosing the restaurant and wished us a good and happy life. The whole experience - from the wonderfully prepared food to our waitress' loveliness - makes me want to recommend this restaurant to anyone who plans to go to Andorra la Vella any time soon!

1 comments:


  1. I will recommend anyone looking for a Business loan to Mr Benjamin who helped me with a Four Million USD loan to start my business and it was fast. When obtaining a loan from them it was surprising how easy they were to work with.The process was fast and secure. It was definitely a positive experience.Avoid scammers on here and contact Mr Benjamin On. 247officedept@gmail.com . WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. if you are looking for a business loan.

    ReplyDelete