Tuesday 9 June 2015

Zumba

In Year 10, I used to attend a weekly Zumba class with my friend Yasmina*. God only knows where we found the motivation from, but somehow we pulled through. We also took advantage of the other gym facilities (in order to get our money's worth). It's surprising how we had enough energy, let alone will power for 45 mins of hip shaking. Anyway, push came to shove and six months later we both gave up due to our (at the time) daunting exams.
Today I attended my first Zumba class in two years. Surprisingly, I quickly got into it and left Mum struggling at the back of the class. I think I got back into it for three key reasons. Firstly, I knew the songs and hence could gauge when a move was going to change due to the nuances of the song. Secondly, despite not showing my full potential at parties, I do have something close to a sense of rhythm. And thirdly, Zumba's a bit like riding a bike. Once you know how to, you never really forget. You know there's going to be some clapping, some arm waving, and of course, the booty shaking.

What Grinds My Gears:

 -If you don't know the moves, please don't stand at the front. It distracts other people. It also puts other people's safety in danger when you walk in the opposite direction to everyone else and bump into us.
 -If you know you're going to sweat, please invest in some deodorant. Your sweat patches aren't very nice for you, nor for my nostrils.
 -If I hear Hero // Enrique Iglesias used one more time for a cool down, I'll flip.
Do you have anything which annoys you when attending Zumba, or any other fitness class?






* All names in this blog are fake in order to ensure the privacy of my friends and conceal their identities. However, the characters are all real people and the events actually happened.

Image source: x

0 comments:

Post a Comment