Tuesday 27 September 2016

Trump vs Hilary Debate

Okay so my parents and I were really pumped for the first debate and we decided to stay up until 2am to watch it live. To keep myself up, I drunk some coffee, and watched a film called 'L'auberge Espagnole' which was recommended to me by Stephen*. It's really engaging and I'd recommend it to anyone studying or interested in both French and Spanish.

Anyway, midnight approaches. I hear some embarrassed shuffling in the hallway and what do I see but my parents both getting ready for bed! Apparently they couldn't handle the late night - fair enough since they normally go to bed at 10pm and not a minute later.

So it ended up just being me staying up! After scrolling through my social media feeds a thousand and one times, the clock dragged its arms to a whooping 1:30am. I was ready to get up and go downstairs to watch the show on television but thank the Lord amen I had the bright idea of seeing if I could stream the debate on my laptop, and I could! Success!

This meant that I was able to lie on my side, on my laptop, watching the debate whilst cuddled up in bed. I saw Lester Holt from NBC Nightly News give a warm welcome to the crowd, and after a few house keeping rules, the camera only filmed the audience getting ready. By this time, it was about five minutes to two. My eyelids were awfully heavy, and I thought, 'why not take a quick five minute power nap?'. AND I FELL ASLEEP. I WAS SO STRONG FOR SO LONG BUT THEN I WAS WEAK AND GAVE INTO THE POWER OF SLEEP. I'M SO ANGRY AT MYSELF.

Anyway, I'm pretty upset and since I stayed up so late I wasn't able to wake up in time to catch it again when it was broadcast at 8am the next day. All I have to satisfy myself are some pretty dench memes circulating at the moment on Facebook. Not the best compromise, but that'll do, Donkey. That'll do.





All names in this blog are fake in order to ensure the privacy of my friends and conceal their identities. However, the characters are all real people and the events actually happened

0 comments:

Post a Comment